Last night, we won Employer of the Year at the prestigious, industry-adored Professional Beauty Awards 2015. Sadly, we did not win Beauty Salon of the Year for PURE Silverburn but this didn’t stop us celebrating!
“We are absolutely thrilled,” said Becky Woodhouse (CEO and Founder of PURE). “Winning Employer of the Year is testament to all the hard work we’ve done as a group. We have an ambitious growth plan and being acknowledged as a team will go a long way to seeing PURE Spa & Beauty succeed in many more ways!”
This year, the judging process seemed more intensive than ever, including mini-essays, a visual presentation, mystery shopping and visiting judges in London!
Now, we consider ourselves something of a veteran at these awards (having won Day Spa of the Year three times before), but this year felt a little different. Perhaps it was because we’ve changed a lot as a group in the past year. Perhaps it was because we knew how much an award would mean to our team.
And look at how beautiful they were! From left to right on the first image, that’s Siobhan Cairney (Senior Spa Therapist, Glasgow), Adele McMillan (Glasgow Spa Manager) and Louise Reekie (Group HR Manager).
Why are we Employer of the Year 2015?
So… what makes a good employer? We believe it’s the fine line between offering people a ‘job’ and offering them a ‘career’. In the past year, we’ve ensured this is instilled throughout our positions, from therapists to head office staff. Even in our approach to new members of staff!
- Expanded our staff benefits scheme i.e. monthly treatment vouchers; increased incentives; further training opportunities.
- Doubled our management team staff, ensuring all salon/spa managers and therapists feel supported in their positions.
- Continue to offer competitive salary and bonuses, now reviewing pay-scales twice a year to ensure our staff know exactly how much we value their hard work.
- Offered youth employment through Modern Apprenticeships, plus short and long-term college placements. We even won Youth Employer of the Month in May 2014!
- Became an SQA accredited training centre, allowing us to train the next generation of spa and beauty all-stars!
Of course, we’re thrilled at some of our physical successes, too: introducing the PURE Treats Card, creating a new website, opening PURE West Nile Street in Glasgow, plus another stellar year of bringing happiness to our clients!